Monday, April 7, 2008

Tie-dye Socks

Great news! We finally accomplished two very important tasks: we have made it to Boston, thus ending the active part of our pre-baby roadtrip and, even more importantly, we found Casey a pair of organic tie-dye socks. He has been looking for tie-dye socks since the beginning of the trip when he saw me pack my organic tie-dye socks. His drive to find these socks increased every time I wore my pair on the trip. So finally, here we are in Boston, both rockin tie-dye socks.

"Do you have anything else to say in this blog... maybe something important?" you ask.

Of course we do.

After waiting for the van to be finished for the entire day on Friday (they were supposed to have it done on Thursday afternoon), we left NC and headed to the Virginia border where we spent the night in a rest area (we are both sick of Walmart). The next day we drove 15 and 1/2 hours the rest of the way to Boston. Why did it take so long? because we were driving 55 in a 70 the whole way in order to let our new motor break in. I don't think we passed a single car the entire time.
We also got stuck in traffic in NY for an hour and a half, which is actually great for NY... last time I idled in my car for four hours. The traffic jam gave me time to teach Casey how to be a proper east coast driver... which includes not letting people merge who rance up in the Easy Pass Lane and then put their blinker on to get over 100 yards from the toll booth. Nobody wins when you drive like that. Casey made me proud though... we held our ground.

The next day (yesterday) we unpacked the entire van and settled in to our new home away from home. It was really fun... we got to argue about where the crib should go and we unpacked all of the baby stuff that we had collected on the road (see pic number 4). After we unpacked, we toured one of the two hospitals where we might go to have the baby, but we forgot to take pictures. We are heading off to tour the next one in a couple hours.

ITS ALMOST BABY TIME!!!

We are beyond excited.

We'll check in again soon.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my I have not read your blog in a long time. Sorry about that just getting caught up in life. I am super stoked for the two of you, you need to let me know of an address that I can send things to once the baby is here! How are baby names coming? Love you guys lots and miss you a ton! =) XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Hey, we have tons of tie-dye baby stuff if you like tie-dye. Check it out http://www.kizmetkreations.com/toddler.html