Monday, December 28, 2009

Uh Oh...

It has happened.
The two most dreaded words for any parent
have been spoken for the first time
and, to make matters worse, they were already in the same sentence.
Yes, you better believe it,
Orin is officially saying "no" and "mine."
Plus, not 24 hours later he also added "don't," to his vocabulary
but he pronounces it slightly different than normal,
more like "ddooon't" (with added whine)
It's awful.
I don't know how it happened.
I certainly didn't teach him the Dreaded Words.
Oh, how I already miss my baby.
My beautiful little I-will-share-with-anyone baby.
The only break in the clouds is that he has also
started saying "yes," a word which he is actually quite fond of.
But when it comes to sharing or nap time or sitting still in the
grocery store it is nothing but "no, no, nnnoooooo."

No comments: