Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"Work"

 Today I pulled up at the job site I was working at
and was greeted with this perfect parking space.
I am currently working part time for the Conservation
District and I suppose that being able to work in places
this beautiful is just one of the perks.
 A couple minutes later, Abby pulled up next to me and we donned
our awesome yellow construction hats
for today we were going to get to check out some large machinery.
 I was working in Chatham at a site
where, in just a few days now,
two tidal marshes that had been tidally restricted
(in other words, deprived of tidal waters by some man-made obstacle)
were to be restored to their former beauty and function.
Below is a picture of the currently very sad patch
of land struggling to maintain tidal marsh status
that is soon to be completely inundated at high tide
(trust me, it is all you would want if you were a tidal marsh).
 So there you have it, I spent my morning 
watching the sunlight sparkle on the ocean
while listening to the sound of bulldozers and excavators
that were actually doing something good for the planet for a change.
It doesn't get much better than this...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome< I am so happy you enjoy what you are doing and very proud of you and Casey. Miss you guys> give Orin a big Hug and Kiss from Nana