Thursday, February 5, 2009

Big news from the little guy

Yesterday, Orin and I went to the doctor for his routine check-up.
Orin was first weighted (20 pounds) 
and measured (27 and 1/2 inches... if I remember correctly).

The doctor then asked us some "behavioral questions" 
to see how Orin was developing.
For example, she asked if Orin was responding to his name,
imitating sounds, eating solid foods, etc.
All of my answers were "yes," until she asked if Orin was crawling.
"Well," I said "he is army-crawling."
"That counts," said the doctor, smiling reassuringly.
She laid a couple pamphlets down on the table
and left the room, saying the nurse would be back in a minute.

As soon as she was gone, Orin turned, 
noticed the pamphlets sitting on the other end of the table,
and, like he had been doing it all along, 
 crawled across the table (tummy up) to grab the papers.
I was beside myself... clapping and cheering.
The nurse came in right at that moment and, without question,
thought I was nuts.

It was a big moment.
I thought about calling the doctor back to change her notes,
but managed to restrain myself.

I can't even tell you how great it was to see 
Orin crawl for the first time.
It is too bad that the only other person to witness it was the nurse,
because he hasn't crawled again since,
causing Casey to think I made it up.
But I didn't, I promise.

Documentation in pictures is on the way.

1 comment:

Tim and Jenn said...

Congratulations Orin!!! Now you have another new way to get away from mommy and into mischeif.