Sunday, April 12, 2009

2 Mistakes

Over the last two days I have failed you in a pretty major sort of way.
I forgot to bring my camera to two pivotal events:
the first being my dirt-bike debut (I rocked),
and the second being Orin's first Easter Sunday egg hunt.

Although there will be more pictures of me riding my dirt bike
to come (for those of you who will find it humorous 
to see me in a chest protector and goggles)
Orin's first Easter was a once in a lifetime event,
and we will therefore need to build 
at least one mental picture of the event.

Please picture with me: Grandma's house, front yard, 
easter eggs everywhere ("hunt" may have been a stretch)
Orin standing next to a cement statue of a bunny,
holding an ear for support while he enthusiastically licks an orange 
egg he has just stumbled upon (i.e. been handed to by dad)
until I realize that the dye is bleeding all over his face
and am forced to take it away.
He is okay with this, as long as I hand him the blue sparkly one.
I do and the crisis is averted.

The photo would have been taken in the instant 
right before the dye discovery.

So that will have to do.
Nobody can remember the camera every time, you know.
But, of course, I will post a couple pictures from the vault,
to satisfy those of you who scroll through my tedious ramblings
to get to the good part of the entry: the pictures.

Here is Orin sleeping on the couch with his uncle.
And Ori discovering the wonderful mess
that accompanies the consumption blackberries. 
Happy Easter.

1 comment:

Tim and Jenn said...

Happy Easter! Nobody's perfect. I'm sure it was a great and wonderful day.