Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Missing Aunty

Yesterday, when we told Orin that his Aunt Andy
would be leaving the next day
he was devastated. 
"I will hear nothing of this!" he exclaimed.
"Aunty can't be leaving... we were just starting to have fun together!"

"I used to think Aunty Andy was scary," he went on
"But now she gives me hugs
and piggy back rides, takes me on walks,
and slips me margaritas when nobody is watching..."
"It won't be the same without her."
"I know... it's terrible" I said.
"I have been having so much fun too."
This morning, on the way home from the airport,
I tried to think about what I could do when I got home
that wouldn't remind me of my sister.
 I couldn't come up with anything. 
It has only been a couple hours and I already miss her so much.
But I can only feel sorry for myself for a little while,
before I remember who is suffering from her departure the most:
Eggy.

The poor dog is still sitting on the porch
 patiently waiting for her to return
so that, once again, he can be the Number One Dog
who gets plenty of belly scratches, table scraps, and extra walks.

Only when Aunty Andy comes to town.

1 comment:

Tim and Jenn said...

Orin is looking cute as always. A bit blonder though. His hair used to be quite a bit darker. Are you on myspace.com? I am now if you want to check it out.