Friday, August 7, 2009

Cleaning with Ori

Lately, Orin has become very interested in sweeping.
His enthusiasm may stem from repetition, for in a house
with three dogs and a truly embarrassing number of cats
(never to be publicly revealed),
animal hair collects in such large quantities that the floor would
surely disappear under the fluff within a matter of days
if the masses were not kept at bay.

Although Orin is very keen on helping me,
his help is not particurally useful,
because his favorite part of sweeping is
redistributing the piles I form.
Nevertheless, he takes his work very seriously
and seems to enjoy himself so much that
I don't have the heart to thwart his contributions.

Even if it takes twice as long to finish
I know that eventually he will tire,
leaving me to collect the piles in peace...
that is, if the broom isn't being used as a pillow.

1 comment:

Tim and Jenn said...

My guess is 3 cats officially and 2 "visiting" for an undetermined amount of time... ;-) It's ok. I love you even if you are a crazy animal lady.