Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Bottle Success

Today (or 2 weeks later when I actually wrote this post)
Ilea took her first bottle.
We had tried this bottle business before with significantly less success:
 Here is the close-up about how Orin felt about 
this foreign source of milk.
 But the second time around things went much more smoothly,
mostly because this time we offered the bottle within the
Critical Window (apparently between 2 and 4 weeks old).
When we tried to give Orin a bottle we were way outside this 
Critical Window
and therefore he thought the bottle was
A Very Bad Idea.
 So it was a relief when I walked into the room and saw this:
the picture of maternal freedom.
A slightly longer leash for the time I can spend away from Ilea
(not that I want that at all right now)
 and the potential to enjoy a glass of red
without guilt
(now that I could go for!) 
 
You live, you learn.

No comments: