Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The First Wave (and second and third...)

The month of visitors has begun,
kicked off by a weekend visit from Baba
who breezed around the house making me tea and lecturing me
for leaving the couch whenever I attempted it.
(She was the only person in the room when 
my midwife made us promise that if I left early
I would sit or lay down as much as possible during my first weeks home.)
Although she did allow me one short outing
to catch Orin's last t-ball game of the season.
 In the second wave of company Auntie Andy and 
Cousin Ardian arrived from Indiana.
Closely followed by Grandpa Jack and Grandma Carla.
I was still not feeling 100%, so we spent a lot of time
playing outside in the backyard,
taking lots of cousin pictures,
reading,
eating,
and enjoying our new expanded family.
And how was Ilea with all the extra attention?
A-Okay.

No comments: