Thursday, May 30, 2013

Burp Cloths

This morning I had just finished nursing Ilea
and was holding her to my chest to burp her
when it occurred to me that,
just as her brother had never spit up sufficiently
after eating to warrant the use of a burp cloth,
it seemed as if I had yet another baby
who would just keep it in.

Of course, as you might imagine, it was at that exact moment
that Ilea pitched forward and threw up about 1.5 cups
of milk directly down my shirt
soaking me all the way to the top of my pants.

So, after a full change of clothes for both of us
and a shower for me,
I have now come to this conclusion:
If you are one of the many people coming to visit
us this month please feel free to not bother with a burp cloth...
I think a full size bath towel would be most appropriate.

No comments: