Sunday, May 26, 2013

Welcome Ilea Part 2

Ok, so never mind about that whole
"...after I get some sleep" thing,
sleeping (at least at night) was apparently not on the list
of things for Ilea to do during the first 24 hours of her life.
Anyway, now she is happily sleeping,
it finally being light out,
which gives me the opportunity to take more pictures
and fill in some details from yesterday.

 At 2:30 in the morning, Casey and I headed to the birth center
and settled into the same room where Orin was born 
5 years and 2 days before.
Early labor consisted of some dancing to Brett Dennen,
rocking on a birthing ball,
listening to the sound of the rain outside,
and eating Dunkin Donuts.
After my midwife broke my water,
my mood deteriorated pretty rapidly,
but it did speed things up a bit.
I hopped in the tub and several hours of hard labor later,
Ilea emerged face first
(a presentation rarely seen that is maximally awful for the mom).
But, of course, it was love at first sight.
5 hours later, we were all back home
still in awe with how impossibly small and adorable she was.
 And, of course, nobody was happier to get to hold her
for the first time than her big brother.
Hopefully, tonight she will have a different agenda,
one which involves sleeping for at least a few hours.

We will keep you posted.

2 comments:

sheree couture said...

What wonderful pictures to keep us even more excited to get there. I can see the happiness in Orin's face to have his sister here. I can't wait to hold her, and spoil both she and Orin. All my love Nana

Alaina Michelle said...

Congratulations Zawicki family! She is so tiny and beautiful!