Sunday, July 7, 2013

Marilyn and other Stages

When Ilea was first born 
for some reason every time I looked at her
 I would think about the line from the Grinch who Stole Christmas
"He turned around fast and saw a small Who,
little Cindy Lou Who who was no more than two"

So I started calling Ilea the tiny Who daughter.
But as she grew, the nickname fell away
and was replaced by Marilyn,
because every time she wore this dress
she reminded me of Marilyn Monroe.
 
Don't ask me why, this definitely could
have been a product of long term sleep deprivation,
but whenever she was in this dress, 
I called her Marilyn.
But the dress didn't last and neither did the name
because now she has entered a new stage...
not a little and cute Who daughter,
not a sophisticated Marilyn,
but instead just a sausage.
At the 5 week mark, she weighed in at a whopping
10.5 pounds, putting her solidly above
the 95th percentile for weight.
But this time I will not be fooled.
Orin spiked up to 95th percentile for weight as well
but when he hit around 20 pounds
he plateaued and didn't gain weight again until
he had dropped below the 5th percentile
where he likely still is as a 5 year old who weighs 
32 pounds soaking wet. 
 
So, the sumo stage will likely pass as well,
the only question is:
what will be next? 

1 comment: