Friday, September 27, 2013

Some catching up

  So my blogging performance has not been great,
and I will try to get back to blogging in (close to) real time,
but there are a couple milestones that I need to note first.
Number one: Ilea has grown at approximately 
the same rate as her brother when he was her age.
At 10 weeks, Ilea weighed in at just under 14 pounds,
rocketing her to the 95th percentile for weight
and at her appointment today (2 days after 4 months)
she weighed 16.4 pounds with an empty tummy.
She rolled over for the first time when she was
almost 9 weeks old
and despite the fact that she started life
refusing to look at me, she now is nothing but babbling and smiles.
 She has created her own type of smile,
opening her mouth as wide as it goes
and just barely letting the corners of her mouth tip up:
She also drools an extraordinary amount
and her hand is always in her mouth.
I occasionally go through outfits every hour unless she has a bib on,
(I suppose we are working on those baby teeth early?) 
Note: in the picture below, the dark area extending from 
the top of each shoulder to her belly button is not a shadow...
Ilea has her own, slightly more girlie, version of the "cougar"
(I will try to catch it on a video soon)
and is now bouncing and playing with toys.
Her first concert (if you don't count music on the beach)
was Bob Dylan and Wilco:

 Followed closely by Josh Radin:
  
In other updates,
the main man has fallen in love with his first song
Radioactive by Imagine Dragons
which used to be a good song... at least the first 1,700 times I heard it,
and has developed his first crush
(apparently a girl in the other kindergarten class
 who is "short...like me... and sooo beautiful")

Oh boy, here we go...

No comments: