Friday, September 13, 2013

The Last Repeat

The other day, we had to say a sort of sad goodbye.
My mother moved out of the house
 she was living in during the time when I 
was pregnant with both kids.
Both times that I woke up with that very distinct
feeling that my labor had begun,
I hopped into this shower ("the Pink Shower")
to confirm it was the real deal before 
heading to the birth center.
 The first pictures of the kids were taken in this room:
 And after they had their first vaccinations,
I took pictures of their chunky, band-aided thighs
on this dining room table.
Here's Orin:
 
and Ilea:
So even though if we decide to have another baby,
we could add their paper heart name to the book at the
 Beverly Birth Center:

modern fashion trends have ensured that I will never again
confirm labor in a pink shower.
So goodbye house, 
thank you for the memories and
may you be the place for 
many other beautiful beginnings to come.

No comments: