Sunday, July 6, 2008

Nothing but good news

As it often is with long blog breaks, the draught ends with much news:

This weekend my brother and sister both came to visit.
It was a very special event because we are only all together once or twice a year. 
And the icing on the cake... Casey had the whole weekend off,
another event which never happens.

My sister arrived on Thursday night.
She works as a teacher in Haiti but has the summer off.
She was very excited to meet her nephew.
My brother got a short leave from the Special Forces and drove up from North Carolina,
arriving Saturday morning. 
Ori was very happy to see his uncle again 
and expressed his enthusiasm with a nap in Alex's lap.

But the arrival of the siblings wasn't the only great thing that happened this weekend.
It may have been sparked by all of the new faces 
or maybe it is just that Orin is the most amazing baby in the universe 
but yesterday (one day after his 6 week birthday)
Orin rolled over! 
3 times!
Can you believe it???
It was amazing.

Saturday also brought one more wonderful thing: 
I received a letter of acceptance to Johns Hopkins University.
So, if everything works out, I will start working towards a masters degree in the winter. 


To celebrate all of the exciting happenings, we decided to grill a fancy steak dinner.

My sister brought Casey some Cuban cigars as a present and the guys jumped at the opportunity to enjoy them as they prepared the meat and veggies.

The food was amazing and we all had a lovely dinner and a lovely weekend. 
The time went by too quickly though, and my siblings left today,
leaving me a little on the sad side
(although I will get to see Andy again really soon)

To snap out of it, Casey and I decided to take some goofy family photos.
We got dressed up in our patchwork and tie-dye and posed in front of the van.
Here are a few of the favorites:



I saved the best one for last:

 Hope you are happier than this baby.
Goodnight and sweet dreams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lindsay on the acceptance to John Hopkins! That is awsome!! Love the family pixs. I feel you Lindsay when you say you get sad when family leaves....I am usually the one leaving but I get super depressed and today I think I have had enough. If all goes as planed I should be living back in P-town in March of next year....that's if all goes as planed. Well I miss you all and my boss just came by my desk so time to sign off....love love XOXOXOXO