Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Tribute to Vegas

Yesterday was our one year wedding anniversary.
Therefore, I am feeling inspired to recap our Las Vegas trip 
and our rather unconventional wedding.

We decided to get married at the Little White Wedding Chapel for two reasons: 
#1 because it was highly recommended by one of our friends and, more importantly, 
#2 because it offered a drive-thru option.
Upon arriving in Las Vegas, we went to the courthouse to get our official documents written up.
To fill out the forms we were given golf pencils (you know, the little ones with no erasers)

It made me only slightly nervous to write my social security number with a golf pencil.

The plan had been to get married the day we arrived, but when we called to make a reservation (yes, you even make reservations at the drive-through)
we were informed that it was 7-7-07 and every wedding chapel in Vegas 
had been booked for years.

So we got married the following day.
No biggie.
This is what you see when you first drive up.
Notice the Please Pull Through sign
which takes you into the "Tunnel of Love"
I don't have the pictures to show you right now, but the ceiling is covered in plump little angels 
We got married in a rental car in the middle of a Vegas heat wave (110 degrees).
We were instructed to turn off our engine while we waited for the couple in front of us (the reservations are not strictly enforced), which meant no air conditioning.
Halfway through the service, which was actually quite thoughtful,
a delivery truck pulled up to the video store across the street.
The noise had no effect on the man who married us,  
a guy named (I kid you not) Buddy, but did manage to pull me back from the brink of tears.
I really don't think I could have been happier than I was at that moment.

Looking back on it we both agreed we wouldn't have changed a thing.

And here we are today:

For our anniversary we went out to Japanese food and then took the kayaks out for a sunset paddle.
While on the water, I asked Casey what his favorite day of the last year had been.
He said, without hesitation, the day Orin was born.
I think for me, it might have been the day after.

But really, there were so many amazing moments in the last year, 
if it wasn't for Orins birth (which clearly surpassed them all) 
it would have been impossible to choose.

Now it is time to look ahead to all the adventures to come.
Starting with Orin's first outdoor concert on Friday.
I only have one more day to prefect my design of his protective ear covers.
I will leave you with a picture of the trial pair.

Pretty stylish, huh?

XOXOXO

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the one year anniversary guys! Can't wait to see all three of you.

Relk

Anonymous said...

What happened to the Hippie cloths and pictures by the van I loved them and Lindsay looked very nice in the cloths Casey and I had bought her whil I was there. Happy Aniversary to my kids. Love Nana Sheree'

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary; I wait like a day or two and now I am so behind on the blog. Love you guys!