Monday, March 9, 2009

The Terrible Tyler

Last week, my mother set out on a cross-country bike trip
(have I mentioned that she is nuts?)
Here is the group of women she will be riding with,
dipping their back tires into the Pacific Ocean.
Her last wish, before embarking on her journey,
was that I watch the Duke vs. UNC game on Sunday
("they are going to need extra positive energy")
because she wasn't convinced she would be able to find a television
in the high mountains of California.
I, personally, would have significantly different concerns if I was 
about to bike across the country, but regardless...
So Casey, Orin, and I donned our Duke apparel and headed off to 
a friend's house to watch the big game.
Because it was such an important game 
(the final game of the regular season)
I was careful to make sure that I was wearing 100% blue and white,
right down to the socks and shoes.
However, no matter how hard we cheered,
in the final minutes of the game,
Duke was dragged down into the wake of Terrible Tyler Hansbrough.
It was awful to witness.
Orin was so distraught, he wanted to call my mother right away
to let her know that we had failed her,
but I reassured him that there would been many opportunities
for redemption in the weeks to come,
Ah yes... March Madness is almost upon us.
Go Duke!

1 comment:

Tim and Jenn said...

Go Duke! Yay Zawicki!
Miss you! I'm trying to download skype! Hopefully talk to you soon.