Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Another Camera Passing

Back in June I was standing in a White Castle in Tennessee
when something terrible happened: I tripped while holding a
soda and dumped it all over myself and the floor.
The embarrassment is long gone, but a scar from the incident
has remained on my beautiful Lumix digital camera,
which took the full force of the soda blast.

Since then, the shutter has refused to open and close fully
and occasionally the camera stops working completely.
The most notable of these times was in the
pitch darkness of the Ape Caves.
It took me at least 20 minutes of messing around before I could
get it to take the pictures that you saw for that post.
Recently, my faithful camera let me down at the Vista House
(pictures courtesy of Carla's camera)
and again at the Pumpkin Patch
(pictures to come courtesy of Hillary's camera).
Something needed to be done.
I was hesitant to dive back into the deep and dark world
of camera reviews, so instead I opted for an easier route:
I bought the same camera.
Well, almost. They have upgraded it a little,
but it is basically the same.
Now, I just have to wait for it to arrive.
I can hardly wait.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ooh. Pretty. I have the same problem with my point and shoot, but they don't make it anymore! :(
Maybe I'll have to just go for the Lumix...

Morgan said...

I love getting things in the mail, especially if it's for me and not a bill!!! LOL!