Thursday, January 21, 2010

The beginning of carbonates

WARNING:
For those of you that only read this blog in order to satisfy
your craving for baby pictures, I must warn you that the
next week of blog posts will contain roughly zero photos of Orin.
Instead they will be filled with interesting pictures like this:
ooids under a microscope.
The reason behind this is that I have just returned from the Bahamas
where I was taking a week long geology course
(part of my masters degree requirements)
And now that I am home and my brain is still loaded with interesting
factoids about carbonate sedimentation,
I feel inspired to write about it.
If carbonate sedimentation does not sound interesting to you,
just know that I don't blame you at all and you should feel free
to check back in at the end of the month
for the latest Orin updates.
And now, off we go to the Bahamas.

No comments: