Monday, March 24, 2008

On the Up Side of Things...

After bombarding you with bad news for two blogs in a row, I thought that it would be best to update quickly with something a little more uplifting. So, I will tell you about our oh-so-much-fun day of mini golf. 

Mini golf just happens to be my specialty. Really. The competition doesn't stand a chance. In this case, the competition was my dearest husband, my dad, brother, and my brother's friend Nate, who spent the weekend with us.

On the first hole, we were all roughly even, but that faded quickly as I began to show my true Tiger skills. Eighteen holes later I had gotten 3 hole-in-ones. Casey, did not have as much luck... but he was successful in finding his ball (multiple times) in the shrubbery around the course, which beats having to get a new one. Nate was also not great at mini-golf, but he got creative points for his unique form. 

After mini golf, we moved to the driving range where we bought a bucket of 400 balls and spent the next hour trying to hit the guy in the cart whose job it is to pick up the balls. It was at this activity that Casey excelled. It is not easy to hit moving targets 300 yards away... that takes real skill.

Although I could not hit the ball nearly as far as the guys, I think that I did pretty well for a girl who currently resembles Violet Beauregarde from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

By the end of the bucket, the guys decided to try to hit the ball Happy Gilmore style (taking a running start). It was very amusing to watch. Sorry I didn't take any pictures.

Also, after about half a million phone calls, I think that we got everything in line for fixing our van problems. But you will have to wait until tomorrow to hear the plan.

And one last thing: I have just found out that my sister-in-law has gone into labor. So please, if you could, take a minute to send her and her baby good energy, strength, and calming thoughts. I hear that labor is not very much fun.

Hope that you are all doing fantastic.

Love and Hugs.   








3 comments:

Alex said...

Hey Guys!

I finally found your blog! and yes, it helps to type in the correct URL. awesome times this weekend, and Im sure next will yield the same. ohh and casey, choose the van man, who needs a grill!
Love yah,
-A

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love to read the blog! Great way to start of the morning. I do have to say at first I though you had your baby (saw the next blog) and then was sad I didn't know but then quickly relized that it's not you! I am so excited for the both of you and thinking of how to try and fit in a trip back east once the baby comes. Oh how fun that would be. Well love you both and happy min. golf!

Anonymous said...

....oh and just a side note 3 inches of snow in Bend today....So if everyone could send me some energy for warm weather that would be awsome! But you know that means awsome spring sking.