Monday, March 10, 2008

Operation Bowling Bragg: Day Two

On our second day in Fayetteville, my brother and I decided to show Casey first-hand how Cooks are genetically superior bowlers. 

So we laced up some super-ugly shoes and hit the lanes.

Our plan to impress Casey would have worked really well, except for one minor detail, which is that both of us are actually really bad bowlers... in a conventional sense anyway. 

But although we may not score well, we do bowl with unusual amounts of spirit. Sometimes we even knock down all the pins (see photo number 3). 

Watching my brother bowl is hysterical. Score-wise, he suffered more than any of us (we went with 3 of his friends from Special Forces). But he is always totally unaffected. 

"The pins FEAR me" he would say, right before hurling the ball down the lane, barely managing to hit one pin. "See... that pin was TERRIFIED!"

My brother's friends ended up "winning" the game. But if you combine Casey's, my brother's, and my score together and compare this to any one of their scores (even though this is apparently not the normal scoring method) we won. Most importantly, we all had a lot of fun.

And nobody forgot to return their shoes at the end.

Oh, I almost forgot... some of you (Jenn) have expressed concern that we might stop blogging when we reach Boston. Do not worry! There is no way that we would deprive you of all the pictures of baby vomit and dirty diapers that loom in the near future. This blog was actually started as a way to document the baby's life... sort of like an electronic scrap book. We only began it early because we thought that, years from now, he might be interested in what his parents were up to in the 9 months before his birth. So the blog will definitely not end anytime soon. 

Hopefully this is good news.

Love always.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello again! ffffew, i was also concerned of a blog ending. just wanted to say miss you, oregon is sweet right now. im in shorts and flip flops!... ok its really 60, but you know us oregonians, tops down, shorts up, and zink on our noses! not gonna lie, we've had a few day drinking days since the suns been out too. its good times, but oh so lonely without that orange van parked out back. stevens says your bike is gettin rusty casey, you better hurry home, before you become a sissy lala! kbosadelic hopes you guys are havin a blast, and he's ready to kick your ass golfing! we're all just kickin it real on the freshly pressure washed deck, just blogin away. hmmmmm, well f in a we love y'all and are ready for this 4 pound 7 ounce angel baby jesus to come! sincerely, sunglasses, dirtbikes, and golfclubs.- lacey steven an kboo

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am still loving your blog and think that the electronic baby book has been a fantastic idea. At this moment I am wishing you all my best and would like to pass on a little fact I learned on the discovery channel the other night:
Sleep is very important for the process of memory. It is at night that our brains recount all of the days events, throwing out the unimportant and saving what matters. So make sure you guys get plenty of sleep so that your memories will remain when the experience is long passed. peace, kristin

Anonymous said...

Um Lindsay I am going to say it, your bother is good looking......=) Think he could try some military moves on me? And if he's married and his wife or gilfriend is reading don't worry I was just joking! I love you guys and was stoked to see my name in your blog! =) I am waisting the last hour of my work day today catching up with you guys! Love from the qubie in Bend Oregon- Morgan

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the piece of mind. This is BY FAR the best and easiest way to keep tabs on what's going on in someone's life. You can read it anytime. It only takes a minute or two. I can do it in my pajama's with a mouth full of girlscout cookies and loud music on if I want. :-) However, I'd never dishonor YOUR blog by wearing anything less than proper attire...hehehe.
Love,
Jenn