Monday, March 17, 2008

Sunday at the Aquarium

Good Morning!

This weekend was particularly fantastic because: 
1. my brother drove over from Fayetteville to visit 
2. we got to go to the North Carolina Aquarium

The aquarium had just undergone a 25 million dollar renovation and was truly something special. However, our new camera has one major downfall, which is that it is exceedingly bad at taking photos inside without the use of a flash. In order to take pictures into the tanks you cannot use a flash, so most of the pictures did not come out very well. And a couple highlights (including the octopus) did not come out at all. 

Sorry. At some point, hopefully within this century, we will buy a better camera. 

And in other news:

Tomorrow, Casey has his first dentist appointment. For those of you that don't know, a tragedy occurred during our stay in Fayetteville. At the time, the subject was too tender to mention on the blog, but after some emotional healing, Casey feels that it is now okay to let you all in on his great loss. 

Here is what happened: halfway through a spicy hot wing at the local Chili's, one of Casey's teeth decided it had had enough of life and broke off at his gum line. It was a terribly sad moment. A moment which was only made worse by the fact that the gap left behind is visible when he smiles. 

So tomorrow, we are beginning the, probably very lengthy, process of fixing his tooth. We have no idea how they are going to do it, but (thanks to Katie) we do have faith in the American dental system. Nonetheless, please send Casey some tooth-healing energy tomorrow at 11:20 EST. And don't worry, there will be tooth pictures to come.

Love, hugs, good teeth, and pictures of octopi. 

-the travelers










5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you both and miss you very much. Please give all Lindsay's family hugs. Gonna start getting my grandson's room ready for when you come in July with the help of sister Katie and Lacey. All my love Mom!

Anonymous said...

linds, that last picture made me lauph out load,your a real team player. case so sorry to here about the tooth. it did kinda made me lauph, only because it reminded me of the video of a bunch of us singing along to mat stefen and jorgen jamming guns n roses on there gee tars, and every time the camera comes to you, you only lift the side of your mouth that had a half tooth, pretty shure you bit that one off too, and were in the middle of fixing it.hilarious. anyway hope your surgery(s) go well! maybe you should just say f-it and grow a mustash and get some detures?lol! moving on to current events. #1 kboo's 3rd ultra sound came as quite a shock... its a boy!!!! baby was turned wrong first few, and now there will be three angel baby boys around here!#2 only 25 days untill steven and I see Dave matthews & tim reynolds in seattle!!! changed our train ride and are staying all weekend! the Dalai Lama is in seattle all weekend as well, so there will be people from all over the country. he also speaks with dave about how music inspires compassion, at the beginng of the show! crazy huh. #3 missing you, and just relized this is a novel, nota comment:) love you all talk at you veddy soon. -lace

Anonymous said...

I love aquariums. They're almost as much fun as zoos. So sorry to hear about your tooth. Since it's now Tuesday, I hope it went well. I think at almost exactly the same time you were at the dentist, I tripped on a curb, skinned both my knees, bruised my elbow, skinned my hand, and ripped through my old but favorite pair of pants. So, you weren't alone in the pain yesterday. I do know that a skinned knee isn't much to compare to a broken tooth though. Hope it went well. Much love, and hugs.
Jenn
Ps. Do you know how long you're going to be in MA for? We're trying to plan out our summer and want to make sure we get to see you all and the baby.

Anonymous said...

OH Casey, I love ya babe hang in there with the tooth problems! You know I have had my fair share and they are never fun! Linsay you look beautiful and I agree with Lacey, Laughed hard on the last pix of you. I am going to use it as my desk top! Well I've got to run, loan officers at my desk demanding loans and I am ready your blog...he, he, he,. Oh one last thing (or even anyone who knows) when are you due Linsay? I need to know this and where on the east coast I can expect to send things to...=) All my love, Crazy loan Assistant about to give herself a paper cut that may end my life. =P

Anonymous said...

Oh one last thing for everyone....it's snowing in Bend today...I want summer and sunshine so much...Casey I will pray for good tooth care and you pray for sunshine in Bend!~