Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Operation Pancakes and Cloverfield Bragg: Day 3 & 4

Turns out, we just couldn't get enough of Fayetteville so we decided to stay a little longer. The downfall of this plan meant more nights in the scariest Walmart parking lot so far, but the upside was that we got to see my brother in his army gear and we got to eat quite a lot of IHOP.

On Monday morning, my brother and his roommate met up with us after their morning formation for some serious pancake consumption. Casey and I then entertained ourselves at Baby's-R-Us for a couple hours while the soldiers went back to the base for their afternoon formation. 

After meeting back up with my brother, we all headed off to the theatre to catch the last afternoon showing of a movie that my brother had been raving about called "Cloverfield." I will tell you this much: Cloverfield is an extremely weird movie. It is best to see it not knowing a thing about it. Casey recommends it very enthusiastically. I don't, simply because there is death in it, and I am (for those of you that don't know) the biggest wimp in the universe. 

After the movie, we decided to begin preparations for March Madness by going shopping for Duke gear. That wasn't actually the original plan (we were trying to find shorts for my brother), but in March all things lead to Duke. My brother also got to demonstrate his baby-holding technique.

On our last day in Fayetteville, we awoke to find a very puzzling surprise next to us in the Walmart parking lot. Apparently, my brother had gone to the airport early in the morning to drop his friend off. Instead of going back to the base, he had decided to give Walmart-sleeping a try. I don't think his sleeping arrangement was quite as comfortable as ours, but he did rise and rally in time for one last IHOP experience. It was with bellies round from pancakes and omelets that Casey and I tearfully parted ways with my brother, Fayetteville, and van life in general. 

Well, that's it folks. The active part of our road trip has come to an end. From this point on we will be ruthlessly spoiled at my fathers house by on-demand electricity, running water, and toilets. But don't worry, this will not cause us to forget about you.

We will see you tomorrow.

Love and hugs.








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again brother is GOOD looking....and again if wife/girlfriend is watching....sorry I have been alone for a while....=) I am so happy for you guys you made it in one piece and growing another!! Please keep in touch with all of us I don't know what I would do with out you guys in my life. Love you all so much (think I say that a lot) but XOXOXOXOXOXO
Oh and the Ducks are not very good in B-Ball this year but GO DUCKS!! And I love March Madness. =)

andy said...

yo linds. love ya heas. GO DUKE!!!

Anonymous said...

This one is for the Zawicki and Cook fans! Just wanted to say a quick thank you to all you wonderful people who have been part of Lindsay's transformation from grumpy, not single, but not so happy Lindsay to blissfully happy, pregnant and married Lindsay. Although I've only played a minimal part, it has been a joy to witness and an answered prayer. Thank you Casey and all the great Oregonians and Portlanders that I don't know but appear to be following this blog. You Rock!!!
Jenn