Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Boss

First, I would like to apologize for not blogging frequently enough for all of you baby-crazed people (Andy...)
But in my defense, I would like to say it is not my fault.
Orin has very definite opinions about what I should and should not be doing at any given point. 
Blogging is never on his "things that mommy is allowed to do when she is not with me" list.
Neither is eating.
But I did get to have my first drink in almost a year while he was taking a nap (we were celebrating Casey getting a raise at work... already!)

But Orin does spend much less time sleeping now.
During his awake hours, he is teaching me the lessons of parenthood.
For example: whenever you here the telltale sounds of poopy, do not rush to change the diaper. Normally within 90 seconds, there will be a second movement.
I forgot this today.
I will not go into details, but it wasn't pretty.
Also during the wake-up-baby hours, we try on hats that are much too big...
and venture out into the world to run errands.
But Orin's favorite activity is still sleeping
and dreaming of becoming a superhero.
This is his now-familiar Superman pose.
He will sleep all morning like this (notice that I did not say "he will sleep all night like this"), dreaming big dreams of the future....
A future which may, but I promise nothing, contain more frequent blog posts.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lindsay...
You look so beautiful! Glad you got to have a sip, and nice job Case on the raise, those are always fun. Still snowing up on the hill in Bend. I think Al Gore way saying something about this business of wearing down jackets in the middle of June? Lots of kisses to that little Orin. You know Bend has tons of ridiculous baby mountain gear, be ready for a treat. You really should just post your address out there so we can send the goods. Lori xoxo

Anonymous said...

Superhero for sure!!! That's so cute that he sleeps like that. Congratulations on the raise Casey!! Way to take care of the family. :-) Lindsay you really do look beautiful. What a pretty mommy. Can't wait to see you three. We're heading out on June 28th. It's coming like a freight train. Yikes. See you soon. I'll call you sometime to talk about plans.
Much love,
Jenn

Kara Gilbert said...

To the new beautiful family...
I have to be honest that I have not read in awhile, but I was browsing this site and I have to say that I miss Orin as much as you two these days... Aunt Kara has a treat for the baby from her trip down south and can't wait!
Relk and I miss you cats tons and are eagerly waiting for a nice dinner and long chats.
peace from ptown where the rain falls and the flowers bloom.
muuuuuuuahhhhh!
ps. Tell Orin that he needs to get here soon to try my veggies in my new garden!!

Anonymous said...

Well, welll, well, how beautifulWe can't wait to see in real life, it's hard to hold and smell the picures. Grandma Sheree must be in heaven by now, darn forgot to send a little gift I wanted to. Will see you soon though. Congrats on the raise Casey! The Zak & Coon family send all our love.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS CASEY, THAT'S AWESOME!!!! I bet mom is having a blast meeting her new grandson. Wish i could be there!!!! Can't wait to see you guys for the big day :) Miss you lots tell mom hi!!! Love you
Love katie