Friday, June 6, 2008

Stumps to Strawberries

Just in time for his two-week birthday,
Orin lost the stump of his umbilical cord... it just popped of during a 3am diaper change.

After forgetting to take the placenta home from the birth center,
I made sure to put the stump in a safe place.
Later, I will plant it in with the strawberries.
(Don't ask) 

Today we went back to the pediatrician (no pictures this time)
Orin has gained a pound and 2 ounces since our last visit!

He is spending more and more time awake, 
which is lovely because we get to see his beautiful eyes
But also makes me incredibly unproductive in all other aspects of my life
(which explains the lack of blogs this week)
Oh well, he sure is worth it.
Here he is modeling the hat and shirt I made him.
And he does still manage to get some rest in on the side.
He has redefined a "cat nap".
Don't worry, he was being carefully monitored in this situation.
Gotta run.
XOXO

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so cute! Casey its so wonderful to see how things in your life have changed. I really do believe things happen for a reasons we don't understand at the time and I think you know Lindsay and Orin and becoming a Dad is one of the blessing that was just what you needed in life. Much love to you Lindsay for loving our Casey just how he is and loving his family. I can't feel but can see the love your new family has and how well you guys are working together as new parents! Love you lots and much hugs and kisses. XOXOXOXOXOX

Anonymous said...

I just realized my last post of "I can't feel but can see the love..." might be a little weird to most but I only say I can see it because you are not here...=( Miss you all so much and so very happy for all of you. It's raining in Bend and about 55 degress. I am getting really sick of the weather here it's not nice at all. I think it's about in the 80s or 90s where you guys are today. Much love and Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

I can see the love too! I would also second all of the 1st comment but put it in the reverse for Lindsay. The change in your life has been totally amazing and just what you needed. A person to love you and put you first because you're you and you're wonderful. I love you Lindsay. I miss you. I can't say enough how happy I am that you're life has taken such a wonderful few turns in the past year. Orin looks so cute in the outfit you made him. He's getting bigger. I can't wait to see you on the East coast.
Love,
Jenn

Anonymous said...

well, pretty shure you two spent tooooo much time in that van....... lindsay im pretty shure you dont eat meat, but your going to eat your babys "stump"? I dont even wanna know what you woulda done with the placenta. and another thing, 4 days to not only introduce orin to the fam, but celebrate your sister joining lifes with tony? youve been gone longer then you were ever here......... bottem line, your missed, extend your stay, and remind me not to eat your short cake! love you guys....
-lace