Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sandwiches

I am not a very organized person,
although sometimes I try to delude myself into thinking that I am.
Before having Orin, I had visions of creating little meals for him.
Fresh fruits and veggies blended to the perfect texture and 
stored away in those cute little baby-food ice cube-sized trays.

Ah, the lovely rows of carrots, peas, and summer squash...
At the time, I didn't realize that there were 
two small problems with my plan: 
1) I am not organized enough, nor disciplined enough,
 to actually make little meals especially for Orin and
 2) he has no interest in eating anything but what we are eating.
So today when I made myself a sunflower nut butter 
and marionberry jelly sandwich,
I made Orin one too. 
I am not sure whether he like eating it or dissecting it better,
but either way it was a big hit.
After all, everything is more fun when you are allowed to get messy.

No comments: