Sunday, November 8, 2009

Hanger Man

Recently, Orin has been taking an interest in helping around the house.
He is very receptive when it comes to seeing things that need to
be done and will jump on any opportunity to get in on the action.
This, as you might imagine, is a mixed blessing.
Some things that Orin would love to assist with,
like unloading glasses from the dishwasher,
are chores I would rather do by myself.
I have, however, come up with one chore for Orin:
He is my hanger man.
It goes something like this:
I select a number of hangers and hand them to O.
He then proceeds to throw them all on the floor
in a wild burst of excitement.
Once he has calmed his initial enthusiasm, he collects a hanger
and passes it to me.
He then hands me another...
and another.
Sometimes I have trouble keeping up.
When we are finished putting the clothes away,
he is always a little disappointed,
but eventually recovers and heads off to the kitchen to see
what he can help with in there.

I follow close behind.

No comments: