Monday, November 2, 2009

The end of the afro

Lately, Casey has been faced with a growing problem.
His curls, normally kept at bay by a monthly trimming,
have been allowed to proliferate to a rather shocking degree,
giving his head the appearance of being almost perfectly circular.
While I loved the longer-than-usual length,
I have to admit I was a little concerned about the next stage in growth
(the one he would need a hair-tie for)
So, when he suggested maybe it was time for a change,
I was supportive.
But before we hacked it off,
he wanted one more opportunity to create a full-blown afro.
All it took was a brush and a couple carefully executed strokes.
Now he was ready.
I am not entirely sure how news of the pending hair-cut spread
so fast, but within minutes,
Jon, Dakota, and Cole were lined up ready to assist with the cutting.
But before we began, Jon decided to run across the street
to put on his Halloween costume for one last picture with shaggy Casey.

He was only slightly disappointed that his costume
would be outdated by the time we went trick-or-treating that night,
but he recovered quickly.
Here they are: the two Casey's.
Finally, it was time to bring out the scissors.
Dakota got the honor of the first cut
then Cole jumped in on the action.
Even Jon took off a couple chunks.
When it was all said and done
all that was left of Casey's curls was this:
And, last but not least,
the "After" picture
which, I can say with confidence,
was at least an improvement for Jon.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Love it!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo

Tim and Jenn said...

Wow! and I thought Tim needed a haircut! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. You should try...well, I guess it's too late for that now. Next time you grow your hair out Casey, try it with a bandana. Tim was a pirate for halloween and I thought the bandana was HOT, especially with his slightly overgrown locks. ;-)