Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Big Fish, Little Fish

On Monday, Casey and I decided to make a trip into the city
to take Orin to the Boston Aquarium.
Here are a couple of the highlights:

This is Orin, checking out one of the three different types
of penguins that live at the aquarium.
and this is the Sea Dragon or, as Casey called him,
"the most amazing thing I have ever seen"

I am not sure who I would have picked as my favorite sea-dweller,
but these surely would have made the top five.
If anyone knows what they are called, please let me know.

As for Orin, it was love at first sight when
he happened upon this sting ray.

He started kicking, waving, and 
babbling uncontrollably.

I felt bad when I had to cut off their conversation,
but we had to move on to...

the piranas...
and frogs...
(yes, that oddly textured thing in the center of the picture 
is, in fact, a frog)
On the way out, Casey made friends with a little penguin...
We promised him we would visit again soon
After the Aquarium, we went on a hunt for the pizza
place that I used to love when I was a kid.
When we got there we found that it had been bought by a different
pizza company, but we were hungry
so we decided to give it a try.

It wasn't bad.
But it wasn't Newbury Pizza.
(Its gone, Andy... I know, I am devastated too)
I guess I will have to move on now and find another
representer of the best pizza in the world.
After lunch, we walked around the city 
and did a little window shopping.
Orin, having used up his small reserve of energy at the Aquarium
snoozed in his stroller.
Which is too bad, because he missed out on seeing a car
attempt the tightest parallel parking job I have ever seen in my life.
The car literally pushed the other two cars out of the way.
Only in Boston.
Or maybe New York, too.
That's it.
In another week, we are headed off to New York,
so Casey can see a far-inferior city.

Until then, let us all dream of penguins...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love frogs and have never seen one like that; it would have been interesting. Pizza is also my fav and so when you guys come to Bend we have to grab some pizza...yummm...As for that parking job; amazing did they make it? It would have been funny to see the other owners of the other two cars see what happend when they were gone. I would have keyed that car but than again I have road rage like you have never seen before. I can't wait to hear what Casey thinks of New York; are you guys going to New York City? You have to find the naked cowboy! Love you guys and happy days to all. Oh how could I forget Casey Oregon has their first home game agains the Huskis on Saturday; wish us well...THANK GOD IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON AGAIN!!!! FELT LIKE IT WOULD NEVER GET HERE :)
GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsay, Casey and Orin-
Looks like you all had a great time at the aquarium. Tim and I loved the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I think the thing you were talking about Lindsay was Jellyfish. At least that what I know them as. The M.B. Aquarium had lots of really great jellyfish. They were super cool.
Much. Love and thinking of Penguines.
Jenn