Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wilco Now

Yesterday, Casey, Orin, and I headed to Tanglewood
 in Lenox, Massachusetts to see the band Wilco in concert.
The grounds at Tanglewood are beautiful... 
500 acres of rolling hills, forests, and gardens, 
with the concert shed nestled right in the middle.
I had originally bought us tickets in the shed,
but after arriving and surveying the situation,
we decided to put a blanket down and watch the show from the lawn.

Wilco started to play right as the sun was setting
and finished under a blanket of stars.
We all had a fantastic time.
Orin was (like always) an angel baby,
playing on the blanket in front of us while we listened to the music.
As a treat, we bought him a Wilco onesie.
And for October, a bumper-sticker that says "Wilco Now"

Now for the baby updates section:

Last week, Orin laughed for the first time.
Casey was playing with him after he got home from work
one night and Orin just exploded into giggles.
It was absolutely adorable.

Also, Orin has discovered a new hobby:
He is quite content to chew on his hand all day long 
and can, as you might note, fit almost his 
whole fist in his mouth.
He has also taken to standing up in our  laps,
so we decided to indulge him with a dancing contraption.
(This idea was inspired by his cousin Alden,
who just became a dancing queen herself)
We are thinking it may also have the added benefit of helping him
to slim down a bit (look at those legs!)
because when we weighed him today he was a 
whopping 15 and 1/2 pounds!

And trust me, it hasn't gone unnoticed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lindsay/Casey-
Hello! Just thought I would say how sweetly your boy is growing and that I'm sorry I couldn't meet him when you were in town. I was seeing Wilco in Indianapolis at White River State Park... you are probably wondering why I would want to go there, but my sweetheart Jimmy is from there so I had no choice, but at least got to see a good show. Come see us all in Bend as soon as time allows, we are all stoked to fish and play with your family. Take it easy out there. Lori

Anonymous said...

Well, A lot has happened since I last checked your blog. Lots of wonderful baby pictures. I bet it's lots of fun to watch and hear Orin laugh. What a beautiful wedding. Don't feel bad about the dress not fitting. Mine doesn't fit either and I don't have a baby as an excuse. I'm glad to see that the blanket is a good size to use. I miss you guys. It looks like you had a great time back in Oregon. Can't wait to hear about the new plans your scheming. Well, I have to go weed the patio now. There's a lot of yard work to do up here. Let me know when you all are coming by Niagra. Can't wait! Much Love
Jenn

Anonymous said...

OMG he is so cute! Nice to see that you guys still are getting out and about enjoying things. Can't wait to see you and Lori is correct and can't wait to show Orin Bend! He'll love it!!