Friday, August 8, 2008

Another Happy Ending

Months ago, when Katie first revealed her wedding colors, 
I decided that I would be thrifty and wear the same dress 
that I had worn to my best friend's wedding the previous summer. 
It was perfect, I thought, the color would even match Casey's tie.

The only problem with my plan was that I never anticipated the 
extent to which having a baby would play havoc with my former figure. 
Needless to say, the dress no longer fit.

Orin in his rock-star bow-tie that I made for him
So my mother and I made a dress... more specifically I cut out the pieces 
and then hung out in the sewing room 
while my mother preformed all of the skilled labor 
(Thank you again, mom)
But everything turned out okay and the dress was lovely, 
a state which I believed it would stay in until the wedding. 
Once again, it turns out I was naive. 

At four o'clock (plus a baby-dysfunctionality factor of about thirty minutes) 
we arrived at the ceremony site for some pre-wedding pictures. 


The last of the Zawicki's
Steven and Lacey
One for the Miss America pageant
Nana Sheree and the newest addition


Orin was being a litle fussy, so I decided to walk around with him in the front pack.

Katie and Grandpa George
Best Man, Kenny, and Bridesmaid, Dez
Bridesmaid Kara

About thirty minutes before kick-off I noticed a warm feeling on my belly
 and realized, to my dismay, that Orin's trusty diapers 
had failed him in a pretty major sort of way.
 So I took him back to the changing room to try to dry the enormous stain
 on the front of my dress. 
I also took the opportunity to feed him... just to make sure his belly 
would be full for the ceremony.

Behind-the-scenes-action in the dressing room 
And it was full. 
Too full, in fact. 
So he let a little of the excess go right down the side of my dress. 

Strike two. 

But the show had to go on, so I wrapped Orin loosely in a blanket,
 letting the extra fabric drape over the urine/ vomit stains, 
and walked with confidence to my seat.

Orin was quiet just long enough for us to watch the brothers give Katie away at the alter. 
(Regardless of how often I fed him, 
he always manages to get hungry at inconvenient times)
By the time Casey slid into the seat next to me, 
Orin was in his if-you-ignore-me-any-longer-this-is-going-to-get-loud mode.
 So I whispered to Casey to take some pictures and we ducked out.

But it was okay. 
Casey had the camera. 
He would capture all of the best moments for me. 

Or he would just take a picture of his shoes...
really, the contrast of his socks, he later informed me.

But he did get some great shots, 
so I can say without hesitation that the ceremony was beautiful...



and so too was Katie, 
who looked just like a living version of my favorite childhood character. 
It is up to you to decide.


But that, of course, would make Tony Prince Charming.


After the wedding, there were some pretty funny toasts to the new bride and groom.


Followed by quite a lot of dancing and merriment.

Father- daughter dance
Orin's big moment


After a fantastic evening all around, we bid goodbye 
as the newlyweds disappeared into the night.


Congratulations you two.
Best Wishes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay, so I've been gone for 14 days and apparently missed a whole lot of things, but I thank you Lindsay and Casey for taking many pictures so I dont feel like I completely missed out. I wish I could have seen you guys while you were in town, but I guess I will wait till you come back, or have a really great excuse to go on vacation.
PS Casey, my sister is getting married this November as well, except she is more of a vegas with the family sort of girl. Either way, I am very happy for her. I will keep trying to call you Casey in hopes of putting the kaibosh on that phone tag business.
Kristin