Friday, September 19, 2008

Apple Picking

Today we woke to a crisp fall morning.
The chill in the air convinced me to let Orin wear his 
"Snow Cougar" outfit all day,
after all, we had a big day planned...
The beginning of fall means the beginning of apple season:
it was time to head to the farm.
The trees were bursting with apples.
Orin got so excited about the picking,
that we had to pull him away when the bag 
started spilling over.
After unloading the bounty it was time for a little ice cream.
To keep with the theme of the day I chose the Dutch Apple.

Purple (who had joined us at the farm) requested
the Bailey's Legacy.
She devoured the vanilla soft serve
and then preceded to beg for a sample of the Dutch Apple.
Not a chance.
Tune in Sunday for some serious applesauce-making.

But tomorrow even bigger things are in store:
Farm Aid 2008!
The concert of the summer.
We can't wait...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love you guys! I bet you made some great apple pie from those apples! Green apples nice and sour are my favorite kind. Thanks for calling and wishing me a happy birthday....I still think you guys should look into living in bend...lots of outside advantures and away from the big city...I am just going to keep trying... :) Love all three of you! XO, XO, XO...a hug and kiss for each of you. :)