Thursday, September 11, 2008

Cycling Apple

End oil addiction Bike for peace!!!!

That's the sticker I am rockin' on my bike.
My journey through NY was one of a kind.
NY is an experience in itself, but NY on a bike with traffic 
through all 5 burrows on a 65 plus mile ride, "EPIC"
The ride started in the heart of Central Park, the time was 5:00 am. 
Dean and I stopped for a bagel, gatorade, and red bull just before. 
Yes, we were on our bikes, we had ridden to the start from our hotel room. 
Through Manhattan there were amazing sights to see 
including Times Square, the Empire State Building, 
and every other tall sky scraper. 
Riding in groups of about 10-15 people you feel rather confident. 
The picture above is of  The Empire State Building at around 6:30 am.
NY is very beautiful at a distance wouldn't you agree?
from the Brooklyn Bridge.
This is Dean on the Brooklyn Bridge, just as excited as I am about the ride!
We are approximately 5 miles into the ride so far 
overwhelmingly incredible!!!
 I am feeling  great. 
The weather was perfect: sunny and about 82 degrees. On to Brooklyn!!
Dean and I across the bay from Manhattan. 
The city is now above our heads in the pic. That is where we came from.
No Problem!!!!!
Dean and I with our future to our backs.
Riding through Coney Island we had to stop for a hot dog at Nathan's. 
After all, this is my first time to the Big Apple.
There was a lot of great biking that went on between here and the finish line 
every corner turned and street crossed was new and exciting. 
I just didn't get photos for some of the ride because
I was riding 60 miles, mind you. 
We went through cities, over bridges, by the ocean, through neighborhoods , 
even carried our bikes up and down stairs.  
I arrived a couple minutes before Dean 
so I had an opportunity to capture him finishing!!!
Back at the start, no sweat.
 Dean and I had conquered the NY Century Bike Ride, and with style. 
Besides a few close calls everything went perfect.
I finished !!!! 

Thank You Dean.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awsome Casey 60 miles! How fun and exciting. Well it looks like you had a great time and I am sure Uncle Tom will be able to show you some pretty cool rides here! Ya know Uncle Tom rides all the way to Bend/Redmond....so keep in shape and you and Uncle Tom can ride over to see me! Seeing you in N.Y. City brings back a lot of memories of when I was there (2002) just a year after 9-11...did you see Ground Zero I hear it's starting to be constructed. Love you guys so much and miss you tons! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO Kiss that wife of yours and your little one for me! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Case-
The ride looked like a lot of fun!! It looks like life is treating you very well and I am so happy for you. Love you tons. Tell Lindsay Hi and give the little man Orin lots of hugs and kisses from his Aunt Katie.
Much Love