Sunday, October 26, 2008

Home Again

On the last day of the trip, we woke up in Boise, Idaho
and drove without stopping until we crossed the Oregon line.
Although eastern Oregon, with its patchwork of farmland, looks 
nothing like home to us, it still felt good to be in the right state again.
But enthusiasm only takes you so far,
and shortly after crossing the state line, we were forced to stop
for a little breakfast.

The locals got a kick out of us when we posed for this picture.
Casey declared that Orin wasn't a keeper.

We kept him anyway.
After filling our bellies it was back to the van for one last haul.

We spent the next 5 hours staring across flat farmland, 
until finally entering the Columbia Gorge.
Seeing the river gave us another huge energy boost.

I don't think we were passed by a single car the rest of the way home.
Up until that point,
I wasn't even aware the van could move that fast.
The entire trip our max speed was:
"we are probably going to make to up this hill,
but I would put any money on it."

Now we were flying.
At last, after nearly 10 months on the road,
we pulled back in the driveway on 9th Street

and were home.

When I think about the experiences I have had over the last 10 months,
it is hard not to feel overwhelmed.
The only thing I can say for sure is if you are planning on
getting married,
 traveling across the country,
living out of a van with 3 large dogs, 
having a baby,
and then doing the return trip. 
 The most important thing,
without a doubt, 

is to have good company.

Live, love, and laugh.
Until next time.



2 comments:

Tim and Jenn said...

Great Job Zawicki Family!!! I must say that I had my doubts when you told me of your plans. But, you proved me way wrong! Awesome! Although I won't be doing the full baby, cross country, moving etc. It is inspiring to watch life progress for all of you. Can't wait till it's my turn for some big changes. Not that moving to Canada is small potatoes. Not the same as having a baby though.
Much love and congrats on finishing your trip. :-)

Anonymous said...

OMG CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS THIS WEEKEND!!! YOU BETTER BE AROUND!! LOVE YOU AND CAN'T WAIT TO HUG AND KISS EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU! XOXOXOXOXO!!!