Wednesday, October 8, 2008

This is not a joke

Well, I have good news and bad news.
You get the good news first:
Turns out, we are going to see Burlington, Vermont after all.

"What!!?? Why are you in Vermont... do you realize that northern
VT is ridiculously far from Niagara Falls???"... 
Yes, I do.

Which brings me to the bad news:
I can't read directions
I completely lack an internal compass.
I am a hopelessly pathetic person.
I caused us to drive 6 hours and 20 minutes out of the way.
We are nowhere near Niagara Falls.
And, to top things off,
the van is dead.

Yup, I am not kidding.
Totally dead.
Casey thinks it is the starter.
Which is only a big deal if you plan on ever being able to stop.
Right.

Pretty bad start to the trip, huh?

I don't even have the ambition to upload pictures right now,
so here is what we are going to do.
Tomorrow, when we have fixed this whole mess,
I am going to write a blog. 
The blog which should have appeared today
had absolutely everything not gone wrong. 

And we will just sweep this whole thing under the rug.
So tune in tomorrow for:
Day One of Our Move to Portland (again)

P.S. Jenn, if you would like to meet us in NY, we still can.
I think we will be there on Friday (hopefully).
I can't call you from my cell, but check your email and 
I will let you know when we have the details pinned down.
Hope it works, can't wait to see you:)

1 comment:

andy said...

would it be tactless to bring up the time you went from hartford CT to williamstown by way of NEW HAMPSHIRE?
Pumpm, I love and am rooting for you. Have faith in october....you'll make it!