Monday, May 26, 2008

Home Again

Ah, home sweet home...
Yesterday, after passing our health exams with flying colors, we were released from the hospital. We (and I speak freely for Orin here) are all very relieved to be able to spend the night without nurses coming and going running tests on the baby.

Now that we were back home, it was time to try out some of our gear. 
First: the crib.
(Notice the Duke mobile and RedSox blanket)
It was deemed sufficiently comfy. 
Second: the bed
This passed the comfort test as well.
Third: the diaper changing table.
This was actually a test for me because I have honestly never changed a diaper before. 
I think that I passed.
By next week I anticipate being a pro.
We also tested out the new car seat. 
During this trial run the baby felt inspired to begin practicing some basic ninja moves. 
Karate Chop...
Praying Mantis...
It was an exhausting day and afterward a very long nap was in order.
Hope you are all doing great. 
There will be more pictures to come.

And thank you so much to Jen and Tim who bought us the really cute outfit that you see in the karate pictures.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, good f-in job lindsey! (and you too casey!) welcome to the world orin, enjoy . . .
-eli

Anonymous said...

Oh my Goodness, it is so hard not having a computer at home and couldn't wait to get to work to see my kids. Lindsay you look beautiful, Casey extatic, and of course Orin Grandma (Nana) can't wait to cuddle you to pieces you look perfect. Ed (Papa) says he wants his grandson close and no way is he living in Camas, he instructed Katie yesterday to get on the computer and find places closer. We all miss you and I can't wait to see you all. MOM!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!! You guys are going to be wonderful parents. Baby Orin is the cutest newborn baby i have ever seen! Orin Alexander is a perfect name for this angel. Casey he is a little minnie you!! The last picture of him sleeping looks just like you!! I can't wait to see you guys and give you lots of hugs and kisses and meet my new little nephew. Miss you tons and love you lots.
Love, Aunt Katie

Anonymous said...

Oh he is so precious. Seriously Orin you look just like dad. I can't wait to see what happens with his hair and eyes, I am told they can change color in the first year. Lindsay and Casey it's apparent that you two have some good geans and that Orion got all of them! Love you lots and bring that little bundle of joy to oregon...on and that brings me to a good point...Casey have I not passed on any love for the Ducks! I need your address ASAP so I can send a baby onesie...=) Lindsay you just wait theres nothing like a baby in some Duck stuff. LOL....(I know Dukes your love but the Ducks are also great!) Love you guys lots and love to see the glow of being new parents in your face. =)

Anonymous said...

Hi guys-
I commented on this posting twice already but they didn't show up for some reason. I think it was more about how cute Orin is and how glad I am that you're home. Congrats on the first diaper change! Love the very cute pants he has on. I'm glad they're working out well.
Much love,
Jenn and Tim