Saturday, May 31, 2008

One week

Yesterday was Orin's one week birthday.

I remember looking at the clock at 11:40 and thinking just one week and five minutes ago 
Orin had been placed in my arms, kicking and screaming, bloody and blue.
I had fallen in love with him by the time the midwives brought the towel over to dry him off.
I think I will always remember perfectly those first moments...

In other news: we had our first appointment with the pediatrician.
Casey got called into work, so my mother came with me for the outing.
First, we got Orin all bundled up and ready for the car ride. 

When we got there I filled out some paperwork while we waited...
...Orin slept, Grandma read...
... finally we were called in.
After a brief exam, which Orin tolerated very well, the doctor told us that he was perfectly healthy, growing well, and very strong for a newborn.

The last thing the doctor did was to put him on the scale.
This turned out to be a bad idea.

By this time Orin had had enough.
After being very patient while he was being poked, prodded, and measured on the table, the scale proved to be entirely unacceptable.
He went into full-blown meltdown mode and let the doctor know that he wasn't going to take anymore exam time by urinating all over him.
If you blow up this picture (just double click on the image), you can actually see the yellow stream... it's great.
He had gained 12 ounces since leaving the hospital,
not counting whatever was lost in the massive pee stream.
Next time, maybe the doctor will consider using a diaper...

Have a restful evening.
XOXOX

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peeing on the doctor will be a good one to remember for future girlfriends:) Kristin

Anonymous said...

Oh my god he is precious!! In one of the pictures he looks very long!! He almost looks as tall as I am. And peeing on the doctor and caught on camera hillarious!! Love you guys so much and can't wait for you to come back to Oregon, I want to hold Orin so bad!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

good job, you son has big balls! - eli