Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Long March

Yesterday we spent the day at Cannon Beach on the Oregon coast.
Well, actually we spent most of the day in the car.
See, we inadvertently took the "scenic" drive to get there.

I am not going to point any fingers, but I would just
like to say, in my defense, that it was not my fault this time.
By the time we finally arrived we were all starving 
so we stopped at a local restaurant for some fresh seafood.
After filling our tummies we headed to Ecola state park for a little hike.


Turns out the "little" hike was significantly longer and steeper 
than I had remembered.
Orin didn't mind... he loves hiking...
I guess it is not so bad being carried the whole time.
The rest of us, however, got pretty darned tired.
But it was worth it.
The trail ended at a huge cliff overlooking the ocean
It was immensely beautiful and just a little bit scary.
After hiking back down, we sat on the beach  
as the sun started to set.
It was a great end to the day.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy Orin you are one very lucky little man to have this amazing bolg to look back on and see all the wonderful things you and your parents have done together and to get to know all the family and friends you and your parents have. I love reading the blog and seeing all the wonderful pictures and being able to follow the 2 then 3 of you thruough your jouney, but I guess what I am a little confused about and was hoping to see was the joy of going home. I know Casey has a wonderful family who couldn't wait to see all of you and welcome you with open arms, but I haven;t seen any special moments with Orins any of them. I figured maybe it was a very busy time and your days have been filled since returning so hoping someday we will get to see a few faces we haven't seen. Love you all and Happy Holidays