Sunday, November 23, 2008

The noise machine

It has recently come to my attention that our child is not normal.
Far from it, in fact.
I suppose that for a long while now I have harbored the delusion
that all babies are as, shall we say, "enthusiastic" as Orin.
The other day, while walking through the grocery store, it hit me:
Orin is the only baby that I have ever seen/known
who can continuously cougar call the entire time we shop
(sometimes over an hour)
That's right, Orin will all of a sudden get it in his head that
he is excited and he will just start screaming
(happy screams) at everything.
Nothing will slow him down.
He screams at the rows of juice,
the walnut display,
the old lady on her cell phone,
and, of course, the other babies.
The other babies who, for the record,
are not screaming (unless they are crying).
The other babies that gurgle and coo and smile as I wheel by
with my maniac baby screaming like it is going out of style.

It completely cracks me up.
We are definitely blessed.

1 comment:

Tim and Jenn said...

I love it! I can just picture it now. Him cougaring on and on and on. You giggling at his cheerfulness and the other mom's and old ladies giving looks and covering their ears as you stroll by. Awesome. Kids are great!