Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Drilling

This afternoon was Casey's big-time dentist appointment. After weeks of not sleeping through the night because of intense tooth pain, he finally caved and agreed to go to a dentist that was not his trusty Oregon dentist (Katie).

So I made a couple of calls and found a dentist who would see him right away. The next day, as it turned out. Apparently there is not a high demand for dental work in Louisiana. 

So we arrived early for our appointment, only to find that the incredibly nice, very ancient desk lady had not taken note of our appointment, but never fear, the dentist would see us anyway.

Bad start.

About 45 minutes later Casey came out and announced that he needed a filling and a root canal and they would like to do it right now.

"Like now... now.... really?"

"Yes"

Hummmm.... that was 2 1/2 hours ago and I am still waiting outside in the van (I haven't bothered to learn to drive the van yet...) Hopefully he is okay in there. I am starting to worry. So is Egg. The picture below is what Egg looks like when he is worried. Bird is optimistic though. She is singing. Maybe I should go check on him.....

Okay. Turns out everything is fine and my wonderful husband was returned to me in one piece. He was even smiling, although this may have been because he got a prescription for some heavy pain killers. Either way, everything is okay and life can go back to normal.

Maybe we will go shopping for baby clothes to celebrate. Or just eat seafood gumbo and drink wine (not me of course)

Love you.




No comments: