Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Riding the Impulse Train

We have done it again. But there is an excuse.... there is always an excuse.

This time it was because of a great sale.

Here is what happened: Yesterday morning I woke up and within seconds of getting dressed, I managed to rip my pants. These pants were a rather important part of my wardrobe, seeing that they consisted of exactly 50% of my available pants (due to the fact that I have gained more than a little weight lately)

This was a problem.

But never fear, we are in Lake Charles and Lake Charles has everything, including several clothing stores. So we ventured out to shop. That is where the trouble began.

We located a decent pair of pants for me at Old Navy. They had been marked down from 35 dollars to 7, so I decided to really splurge and buy them. On the way to the counter we ran into The Coolest Baby Hoodie In The World (notice that it has bikes on it... Mom, we were thinking about you), which was also on sale for 7 dollars, so we got that too.

"Its just seven dollars, no big deal..."

But when we got to the counter, the lady told us that we owed 7 dollars which, I calculated after a little brow-crinkling math, was only half of what we should have owed.

"We are having a sale, 50% off the original sale price."

That was it.

We were doomed to impulse buying.

Again.

But on the up side, we got the baby more hoodies than he will ever need, a summer hat, a comfy warm thing for next winter, and an aardvark.

Because do you know any kid without an aardvark?

I didn't think so.

Lets just hope that we will still be able to move around in the van, through the mass of baby clothes, by the time we get to the east coast.




No comments: