Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Come and Get Those Beads!

Yesterday we decided to brave the wave of crazy Louisianans  and go to the night parade for Fat Tuesday, "the culmination of the Mardi Gras celebration"

We got there right as the floats started passing and found a nice spot to watch the festivities from. The evening was going great until I made the terrible mistake of asking Casey to go up to the front of the crowd to catch me some beads.

Within an hour I could barely see over my curtain of beads, so I volunteered Egg to take some of the burden. By the end of the night I think we had collected 10 pounds of beads, which are now sitting in a pile on the floor of the van, looking glittery and taking up a lot of space.

"What are we supposed to do with these.... can we recycle them... bring them to the Goodwill?" (We are practicing being green because of our Raising Baby Green book) 

It had finally dawned on us why the local people all had far fewer beads than we did.

Ahhhhh..... maybe we didn't really win the bead-collecting competition after all.

Oh well.

Today we are leaving Lake Charles. It is a very sad day. We have been here for over a week... that is the longest we have stayed anywhere. It is because they have really great breakfast sandwiches... when you are on the road little things begin to make a big difference.

Oh, how I will miss my V'egg'io.

Tonight we will stay in Lafayette. You never know, they might have a tasty breakfast thing too. We will check in from there. 

Love you all.

Go Duke! 










5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys-
I have read ALL your blogs. I guess I was just scared to do the posting thing. I'm seriously blown away by all the amazing things you're doing. Perhaps I'm also a bit jealous. Tim and I are trying to drive back east in June. We're also on the hunt for a car to drive back. Any tips would be fabulous. We'll only take a week or so. Not the 6 months ;-) Lindsay You look absolutely amazing. Truly. Even more beautiful that usual. Casey, you rock. You and Lindsay are perfect for eachother. Be safe, much love, you're in our prayers. Have fun. I love the Blog. My co-workers at the poster store get to see you too. :-) That's where I usually check. Much love,
Jenn

Unknown said...

Mardi Gras on Phat Tuesday, ultimate! So how did you get all those beads, I thought you had to show your... Never-mind.

Relk

Anonymous said...

i knew those milkers were gettin big, but not that big!!!! nice work linds! - lace

Anonymous said...

egg gone wild, i love it. -lacey

Anonymous said...

Oh my how I am jealous...Phat Tuesday at Mardi Gras!!!! Amazing! I was at a local bar with Kyle and Lori but we still managed to drink a lot! Hurrican was the drink of the day....it had 151 enough said. Miss you guys and very cool pixs!