Saturday, February 2, 2008

Good Morning

Ok, you have all temporarily redeemed yourselves with the lovely comments.

Blogging can go on.

First, to address a few of your concerns:

1. OF COURSE the van is running great. Are you kidding me? She runs like a CHAMPION. Don't ever ask that again. You have to have faith in the van.

2. And Bird, although not as photogenic as the other passengers, is doing great as well. She has really settled in and is now relaxed on the road.... singing, demanding to be fed (she hops as close to you as possible and chirps at you until you feed her), and slaughtering meal worms like there is no tomorrow. In addition, yesterday we took the bands off her feet that she has been wearing her whole life so she probably feels better than ever. 

3. We will keep the belly shots coming, don't worry. He is growing really fast now and it is just amazing feeling him bump around. He wakes me up every night between 3 and 5 in the morning to do gymnastics. No, really... serious gymnastics. But I don't even mind. I just giggle at him and try not to wake Casey up. It is our special bonding time. 
Before we go to bed Casey and I read to him. I always make sure that he is up before we start. Right now we are reading a hippie book called Raising Baby Green. Its really great. 

Oh, and speaking of babies, for all of you that sent good energy to Colleen, I would like you to know that after 3 days of contractions and 6 hours of labor, they were blessed with THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BABY THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN. And I don't even think most babies are cute. He is amazing and healthy and home safe from the hospital. 

Okay, enough mushy baby stuff and on to the latest news update from the South:

Crawfish is apparently tasty. 

Yuck.

We (as in Casey) felt the need to explore this southern fish craze and headed to Steamboat Bills which is apparently the best place to get the little critters in the city.

You wouldn't believe the scene in there. EVERYBODY was eating crawfish (except me, of course). You order it by the pound.... an average portion is about 5 pounds... Casey got 1 pound to try it out (its expensive! 5 dollars a pound right now) The whole place was full of people with little red trays eating nothing but crawfish. There were people dressed up on dates eating crawfish. They could hardly even see each other over the heaps of crawfish on their trays.

After about 10 minutes, Casey figured out how to properly crack them and remove the right section of meat (gunk), he decided that they were AMAZING and wanted me to try.

Yuck.

He convinced me to try one.

Still Yuck.

I just can't get over the fact that they have eyes. Poor critters. 

But most people clearly don't agree with me. This restaurant must go through 600 pounds a night.

Other than that, nothing is new... just more hiking with the dogs and checking out the local birds at Sam Houston Jones State Park.

Keep the comments coming. We really love to hear from you. 

Go Patriots. As if they need cheering.







7 comments:

Unknown said...

Casey, I would expect you to eat at least the standard five pounds. Lindsay, you are looking very motherly... keep up the good work!

Relk

Anonymous said...

Oh my word you guys I just wrote the longes comment and my computer craped out on me and it didn't post or it doesn't look like it....keep this short it's Morgan and my mom just checking out the site (got it from Katie) and will be following very close....Lindsay you look beautiful! I agree with Relk about Casey....at least 5 pounds...oh and you guys have to try Frog Legs they are so GOOD. I will write again when I have more time I have to go back to Bend right now so I don't miss the Super Bowl...oh sorry DIE PATRIOTS....ok 1 last thing...OK 2.....my email address is morgansalstrom@umpquabank.com and Lindsay as you will find out I can't spell worth crap....love you two have a blast...=)

Anonymous said...

Hello guys it's offical I now have your website on my work computer so I will be checking in daily. Sure your stoked....sorry about the Patriots....I was cheering for the Giants (but only because my Packers bit the bullet to early) but still felt a little bad for the Partriots...I also don't enjoy the coach for the Dolphins the year they went unbeat so it was sad. Either way I am stoked to keep up with your guys. Love you lots and can't wait to see the next set of pixs. Oh and if you meet any cool men along the way tell them about the hot red head back in Oregon....oh and correct every person along the way and how they say Oregon. Love you both kiss kiss.

Anonymous said...

Lindsay you are beautiful and you guys will have a wonderful baby!!! Love you both tons and tons and tons. Miss you lots!!! :)
Love- Katie

Anonymous said...

Okay, it's finally time to show my words on your awesome blog and let you both know I love to read your candid stories and check out your photos....a very good way to take a memorable trip with everyone you know along for the ride.
Though I only briefly met you Lindsay, I know already that you are perfect for Casey and I wish you both eternal happiness. What you two are doing is a pretty neat thing in a world where people make many excuses to not follow their hearts or pursue their dreams. Keep on keepin' on:)
Love, Kristin

Anonymous said...

greetings travelers! i was just made aware of your blog after inquiring about you both with steven and lacey. i've read your entire blog and it made me feel great! like the jewelry commercial where the guy gets up in the middle of the night and puts the neckless on his wives neck and pretends to be asleep when she wakes up, one of those things that i'm going to put on my to do lists!
have you guys though about shipping the baby cloths home to save room in the van?
do you have a tarp to put under the bedding to keep it dry? or have you fixed that yet?
i am sending you both my love from oregon, safe travels and sweet dreams.
till next time,
Eli.

Anonymous said...

howdy guys. i wanted to say hi and say that i enjoy seein your trip, you guys look so great. i will keep in touch. love ya


dan h.