Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Holy Jimmy Buffet!

Welcome to Florida. Home of a whole lot of plaid, stripes, the two combined, sandals with socks, old people, expensive food, and great beaches. 

Casey describes it as Hawaii meets California and aged 30 years.

Our first stop in Florida was the Bass Pro Shop, where Casey inspected the inside of a shark and bought a sticker for the van. 

Next, we decided to do a little clothes shopping for me. I felt inspired to shop after my dad suggested, in a very kind way, that I might want to buy some clothes that actually fit. Dressing myself had become more than just a little bit difficult lately, due to the fact that I am currently housing the fastest-growing baby in the history of the Universe.

But we do love him so...

Anyway, our first stop was a TJMaxx, where I managed to find a pair of jeans that actually fit and a couple shirts. One of which we bought to celebrate the end of our Raising Baby Green book (We have now moved on to "Green Parenting- A Complete Guide").

Upon exiting the dressing room, I was confronted by a walking pile of clothing which looked vaguely like my husband. Apparently, the strain of pre-parenthood had affected him as well and he needed to release some tension by buying a few shirts, a belt, some socks, and a mug. (Steven, Casey wants me to tell you to go to TJMaxx... for quicksilver, volcom, etc.... cheap)

After my belly was properly concealed, we found a small road-side beach where we cooled off in the 75 degree heat (hehehe we just added that so you would all be jealous) 

We will try to send you some sun tomorrow. 

Hope you are all well.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Case I love the black high socks in shorts..... DAD :)You guys take some awesome photos. Lindsay you look beautiful!!!!! Have a fabulous day. Love Katie P.S tell baby Orin (not sure with the spelling) that Aunt Katie says Hi and i can't wait to meet him :)

Anonymous said...

I love the green t Lindsay and I also noticed first thing the black socks in shorts... good to know we all still think the same things are funny :-)
Lori